March 08, 2014

"My" Stories are Your Stories

Recently, after an evening of telling ancient folktales to adults, I heard two comments from listeners:


"I needed to hear that chilling folktale about the mother who couldn't bear to see her daughter marry a snake. It allowed me to look at my own emotions about my own daughter's engagement in a new light."
"Tim, I love that you tell the old folktales and fairy tales. Because those are my stories."

These comments remind me of why I stick to my preferred genre, despite its relative lack of popularity on stage.



3 comments:

Donna Washington - Storyteller said...

Tim, I know how you feel. I love telling folktales and fairytales and traditional stuff. I'm doing a tour through Canada, and loving the reception I'm getting from these old tales. Keep doing it, Tim. We need the stories. More now than ever.

Abhishek Kumar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.